How you can help
Misunderstandings about lesbian, gay and bisexual people and issues exist both inside and outside the church.
We’ve had enough of rumour, stereotype and media sensationalism. We believe the best way to understand each other better is for real people to share their stories.
But we need your help to get the word out. Here are some ideas – you may have many more:
If you have 1 minute:
• Buy a copy of Living It Out for your church or chaplaincy library.
• Tell your friends! There’s an easy way to do that right now.
If you have 5 minutes:
• Review Living It Out on Amazon.
• Review Living It Out for a newsletter, website or blog – and let us know, so we can link to you.
• Share your bright ideas for promotion on our comments page.
If you have an hour or so:
• Invite us to come and talk at your church, youth group or bookclub.
• Invite us to run a workshop on faith and LGB issues for a local authority or other statutory body as part of their training on equality and diversity.
• Order fliers to insert in a mailing, leave in a church or LGB venue or to give out at Pride.
If you have longer:
• Run a discussion group at your church, going through Living It Out chapter by chapter.
With your help, we hope that Living It Out can reach out with some of these stories to young LGB people looking for role models, to LGB parents unsure how to come out to their kids, to ministers who feel scared to welcome LGB people into their congregations, to youth workers not sure how best to work with LGB Christian young people, to anyone who needs to know that they are not alone.
Rachel Hagger-Holt & Sarah Hagger-Holt